Thursday, March 1, 2007

ACJC Venture Ranger Camp on Pulau Ubin circa 1981 or 1982


on the bumboat getting there

Fresh off the Boat

Walking...
yes our spectacle frames are very big

Rangers get a ride on a pickup

Setting Up Camp

Campfire?

On our way back?

sleeping... I'm quite sure we're on our way back but Pete's wearing the same shirt! Smelly.

Camp in Ubin… vague memories of the girls hitching a ride on a pickup to the north shores of Ubin, taking a cold bath at a well somewhere, and one soul trying to take pictures of lightning with an idiot-proof camera of those times!

We made it back by the way… Not sure where everyone is now though?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Syl, you should start a new post. Post photos of how some of us look like now. I will get one of mine over.
I have met up with a few chaps from our ACS/ JC days over the years. Some of the chaps are lucky, they look EXACTLY the same as they were when I knew them. Definitely no weight gain, hair loss, double chins ... etc etc.
On another subject, I met up with my corporate lawyer today over lunch. He's brit and he is the same age as us. I told him about an episode in JC where I "accidentally" let loose a bucket of mice during bio lab. He told me that a XX generation of mice could still be hanging around Dover Road and they probably are worshipping a photo of me today. I am their "saviour" !
I laughed pretty hard.